[x86-64] AMD Dev Center usage proposal - draft 2

Christian T. Steigies cts@debian.org
Thu, 29 May 2003 20:52:42 -0400

On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 10:31:09PM -0400, Bart Trojanowski wrote:

> > 6) port packages required by autobuilder
> >   - what are they? how many?
>
> I will admit that I don't know where to get autobuilder, so I don't know
> what dependencies it requires.  Can someone lend a hand here?

You need to get sbuild running first. There is a debian.all package for it,
so you just need perl, apt and couple more tools. It requires some more
manual tweaking, but nothing dramatic. The sbuild package includes doc on
how to set up a chroot for autobuilding. Once you can build packages
(manually) with sbuild, you are nearly there. Starting the actual buildd
should be a breeze, assuming somebody set up the database on auric which
tells the buildds for all arches what needs to be built. I have no idea how
this is done, probably James has to be involved.

I got my buildd files from the m68k buildd, but you should get the same from
http://m68k.debian.org/buildd/getting.html

Christian