[xml/sgml] Re: graphics Message

Philippe Batailler philippe.batailler@free.fr
Sun, 9 Nov 2003 14:49:17 +0100

 Ardo van Rangelrooij <ardo@debian.org> wrote:
  « Mark Johnson (mrj@debian.org) wrote:
  « > On Friday, November 7, Graham Wilson wrote:
  « > > On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 10:35:54PM -0500, Mark Johnson wrote:
  « > >
  « > > > Again, I feel that we should make it clear that one can join the
  « > > > project w/o allowing others to maintain one's packages. Each member
  « > > > should choose the terms on which they which to particpate.
  « > >
  « > > Hmm... I think we should talk about this on a case-by-case basis. What
  « > > would be the point of joining the project if you weren't going to
  « > > participate in collaborative maintenence?
  « >
  « > Well, for example, Ardo may not want me mucking around with xml-core,
  « > but I would't mind if he updated one of my docbook packages.
  «
  « Well, it depends on what you'r mucking around in.  Fixing a typo is never a
  « problem, but for bigger things it probably better to have some consensus.
  « And you can always work on a CVS branch and have someone look at the diff
  « before merging back to the main branch.
  «
  « > I do agree with your general point though: It's pointless for someone
  « > to join if they're not going to participate.
  «
  « Yes.

Hi all,
As I told Mark, I am mainly involved in the debian-l10n-french project.
And I am not a DD.
So I am likely to be not very useful in collaborative maintenance!
But I am interested in all the sgml-xml stuff. Maybe this project could
accept "light" members like me?
Let me know if what you mean by "participate" implies to be a DD.

I maintain a package, debiandoc2dbxml, a script which helps moving from
debiandoc-sgml to docbook-xml. For the moment, all the files are in the
debian-doc cvs. I think they would be better placed in this project cvs. And
all of you could maintain and upload it in the archive.

Cheers,

--
Philippe Batailler