[xml/sgml] removing xerces24: any objections?

Jay Berkenbilt ejb@ql.org
Sun, 22 Aug 2004 10:47:44 -0400

I think I am going to request removal of the xerces24 packages since
they have no dependencies in sarge or sid and have been superseded by
xerces25.  A quick google search fails to locate software that
specifically depends upon Xerces-C 2.4.0.  Note that xerces23 has
dependencies (libxml-xerces-perl; upstream still requires this
version), and xerces25 has dependencies (xalan) and is the latest
upstream version.  Can anyone think of any reason why I should not
request removal of xerces24?

I will file a removal request against ftp.debian.org on Monday
afternoon or evening (Eastern US time) unless I hear otherwise.  I
would wait longer for a response, but with sarge imminent and my
upcoming travel plans, I don't want to wait past Monday.

--Jay

--
Jay Berkenbilt <ejb@ql.org>
http://www.ql.org/q/