[xml/sgml] separate mailing list for packages ???

Geert Stappers stappers@stappers.nl
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 11:01:18 +0100

On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 10:14:35PM -0600, Ardo van Rangelrooij wrote:
> Adam Di Carlo (adam@onshored.com) wrote:
> > Ardo van Rangelrooij <ardo@debian.org> writes:
> >
> > > Hi,

 <snip/>

> > > The address would simply be
> > >
> > >   debian-xml-sgml-pkg@lists.alioth.debian.org
> > >
> > > Any objections?  Any other thoughts?
> >
> > Is another list really necessary?  If someone wants notice of a
> > package upload, they can use the PTS stuff.
>
> Well, it's not so much for other people (which indeed can probably better use the
> PTS stuff) but more ourselves.  People interested in what we're doing but not so
> much interested in messages related to package uploads and bug reports would not
> bothered with these latter messages if we redirect them to a separate mailing list.
>
> The -devel list would then be like debian-devel (but hopefully without all the
> nonsense that's usually on there) and the new -pkg list would be a combination
> of debian-bugs-dist and debian-devel-changes.

For PTS, AFAIK, you have to subscribe to each package separately,
with debian-xml-sgml-pkg@lists.alioth.debian.org you are on a mailinglist
where XML/SGML related packages are (will be)

> It's just a thought...

I think it is a good thing(TM)
The caveat is that will work when more package are assign to it.

My long term plan is to move Conglomerate to the XML/SGML group.

> Thanks,
> Ardo

Geert Stappers