[xml/sgml] Conflict between docbook-utils and docbook2x packages

Aaron S. Hawley Aaron.Hawley@uvm.edu
Thu, 29 Jul 2004 13:13:13 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004, Rafael Laboissiere wrote:

> > but that would have been a mistake on my part.  which now Geert has
> > realized.  Sorry to have created such a confused everyoene. Not my
> > intention.
>
> Okay, I am completely confused now.  Could you please tell me to which
> package this bug report should be assigned?

Rafael, you were right the first time, the bug belongs to docbook-utils
because it is concerned with docbook2ps which is not part of docbook2X
package.

> > which makes me think someone should now submit a bug report about this
> > conflict between docbook-utils and docbook2X.
>
> Well, there is no conflict right now.  docbook-utils provides docbook2man
> and docbook2texi, and docbook2X provides docbook2x-man and docbook2x-texi.
> The later commands are superior to the former ones, though.

where would a debian user know to use docbook2x-texi and docbook2x-man?
this is what my manual pages says for docbook2X:

docbook2X(1)                                              docbook2X(1)

NAME
       docbook2man,  docbook2texi  - Convert DocBook XML to man pages and
Tex-
       info

SYNOPSIS
       docbook2man [options] {xml-document}

       docbook2texi [options] {xml-document}

that's the bug I think should be submitted.
/a