[xml/sgml] Re: upload status, particularly of xerces24

Jay Berkenbilt ejb@ql.org
Wed, 5 May 2004 17:23:03 -0400

>   > Thanks for taking care of the xerces uploads.  I'm a bit confused
>   > though -- I haven't seen any activity on the xerces24 packages.  Did I
>   > miss this somehow?
>
>   No, I just forgot to upload it :)

Oh, okay.  I guess that's easy to fix. :-)

>   > Why did katie consider it an NMU?  Was it the uploaders
>   > field?
>
>   Well, sort of.  The person who has hir name in the most recent
>   debian/changelog entry is the one who will end up in the Changed-By
>   field in the .changes file.  I added your name to the Uploaders field
>   in xerces25 and libxml-xerces-perl, and that appears to have worked.

I see your name is there too.  I think maybe that's why it worked.
Section 5.12 of the developer's reference (Collaborative maintenance)
explains this more or less.  I'm guessing that Katie considers an
upload to be an NMU if the uploader is not either the maintainer or
listed in the uploaders field.  Maybe someone fixed it manually.  The
bugs that are tagged as "fixed" by the NMU should be closed.  I'll do
this by hand by sending to the *-done for each of the bugs.

>   The issue with the invalid Maintainer field will just have the effect
>   that katie still thinks that I am the maintainer of xerces23, instead
>   of the -pkgs list.  Since I was the previous maintainer, and your name
>   was not in the Uploaders list for xerces23, katie considered it an
>   NMU, and didn't change the maintainers-index.  Bugreports will still
>   go to my address instead of the list, so to complete the transition, I
>   (or someone else) will have to re-upload a corrected version of
>   xerces23.
>
>   If I am mistaken somewhere, please correct me. :)

packages.debian.org and the .dsc file show the maintainer as the
group.  I just tried a test bug and, as you probably saw, it went to
the list.  So it looks like no further action is required other than
manually closing the bugs that were tagged as fixed.  Can anyone
comment on this?

Thanks for the quick reply!

--Jay