[xml/sgml] OT: DocBook/XML and translation

W. Borgert debacle@debian.org
Wed, 12 May 2004 20:07:02 +0000

On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 11:03:31AM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> "W. Borgert" <debacle@debian.org> writes:
> > 1. Explicitly mark elements that are to be translated, e.g.
> >    <section translate='1'>
> >    in the original document.
> >
> > 2. Explicitly mark elements that are already translated or
> >    are "fuzzy" translated, e.g.
> >    <para translation-state='translated'/'fuzzy'/'untranslated'>
> >    in the translated (maybe generated?) document.
> Yes, this doesn't seem like the right approach.  After all, marking the source
> document because it's already translated into a derived document is wrong.

But that's exactly what I proposed :-) translate=1 in the
original to mark it for translation (i.e. if it's not marked
there is no need for translation, e.g. the revision
history).  translation-state=xxx in the 20 different
translated documents.  OK, this discussion belongs to
docbook-something@lists.oasis-open.org :-)

Cheers,
--
W. Borgert <debacle@debian.org>, http://people.debian.org/~debacle/