[xml/sgml] RFS: docbook-xsl (1.71.0.dfsg.1-1)

Daniel Leidert daniel.leidert.spam at gmx.net
Tue Sep 12 12:25:48 UTC 2006

Am Dienstag, den 12.09.2006, 12:16 +0200 schrieb Geert Stappers:
> On Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 02:39:02AM +0200, Daniel Leidert wrote:

[..]
> > The new docbook-xsl package is ready. Upstream released 1.71.0, so I
> > dropped some patches. I further changed the maintainer and uploaders
> > fields as discussed earlier.
>
> In CVS has the file docbook-xsl/debian/control these lines:
> | Maintainer: Debian XML/SGML Group <debian-xml-sgml-pkgs at lists.alioth.debian.org>
> | Uploaders: Mark Johnson <mrj at debian.org>, W. Borgert <debacle at debian.org>
>
> I'm not happy with those entries. Daniel Leidert is doing the actual
> maintaince and Mark Johnson hasn't showed lately any interrest in the package.
> The control file should[2] show that information.

This was just following
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debian-xml-sgml-devel/2006-August/000694.html. I know, that Uploaders is thought to contain all co-maintainers, but I wasn't sure, if that's also the case for non-DDs, that do not have upload rights. If this isn't an issue, I will add myself to Uploaders (then I can also change the changed-by to my name). But I don't have problems with Mark in Uploaders for the moment. If we still don't hear anything from him[1], his name can also be removed later.

> > The complete changes can be found in
> > http://debian.wgdd.de/debian/incoming/packages/docbook-xsl_1.71.0.dfsg.1-1_i386.changes.
> > The source itself can be found at http://debian.wgdd.de/debian/incoming/packages/.
> > Please rebuild it.
> > There is a really obscure bug, that makes
> > /usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/nwalsh/slides/keynote/xsltsl/cmp.xsl
> > become executable when building the package with pbuilder (and that leads
> > to a lintian warning). If you have any critics, please let me know. The
> > packaging files are at
> > http://cvs.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/packages/docbook-xsl/debian/?cvsroot=debian-xml-sgml too.
    ^^^^^^^ Alioth CVS

> The cmp.xsl being executable is right now a low priority topic.

I wrote a bug-report to the pbuilder-maintainer.

> High priority is 'Maintainer:' and the upload of the new upstream version.

No problem. I will wait for your answer and then make the changes and
rebuild the package.

> Choosing where the debian files of docbook-xsl "live" is a thing I also
> consider important. I prefer Alioth above a "private place" like
> 'http://debian.wgdd.de/debian/'

The debian files live on Alioth. The link was posted in my mail. See
above. So you can simply use cvs-buildpackage[2]. I intend to change to
svn-buildpackage with this version. I only put the package to my server
(not into my repository!). Do you have a better idea? I'm not a DD, so I
cannot upload the package directly.

[1] There was no reaction to your mail sent to mia[at]qa.debian.org, so
I don't have any official decision nor orphaning statement.
[2] With pbuilder: $ cvs-buildpackage -C'pdebuild' and then you have a
clean package build.

Regards, Daniel