[xml/sgml] RFS: docbook-xsl (1.71.0.dfsg.1-1)

Geert Stappers stappers at stappers.nl
Tue Sep 12 10:16:15 UTC 2006

On Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 02:39:02AM +0200, Daniel Leidert wrote:
> Hello,

Hi,

[1]

> The new docbook-xsl package is ready. Upstream released 1.71.0, so I
> dropped some patches. I further changed the maintainer and uploaders
> fields as discussed earlier.

In CVS has the file docbook-xsl/debian/control these lines:
| Maintainer: Debian XML/SGML Group <debian-xml-sgml-pkgs at lists.alioth.debian.org>
| Uploaders: Mark Johnson <mrj at debian.org>, W. Borgert <debacle at debian.org>

I'm not happy with those entries. Daniel Leidert is doing the actual
maintaince and Mark Johnson hasn't showed lately any interrest in the package.
The control file should[2] show that information.

> The complete changes can be found in
> http://debian.wgdd.de/debian/incoming/packages/docbook-xsl_1.71.0.dfsg.1-1_i386.changes.
> The source itself can be found at http://debian.wgdd.de/debian/incoming/packages/.
> Please rebuild it.
> There is a really obscure bug, that makes
> /usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/nwalsh/slides/keynote/xsltsl/cmp.xsl
> become executable when building the package with pbuilder (and that leads
> to a lintian warning). If you have any critics, please let me know. The
> packaging files are at
> http://cvs.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/packages/docbook-xsl/debian/?cvsroot=debian-xml-sgml too.

The cmp.xsl being executable is right now a low priority topic.
High priority is 'Maintainer:' and the upload of the new upstream version.

Choosing where the debian files of docbook-xsl "live" is a thing I also
consider important. I prefer Alioth above a "private place" like
'http://debian.wgdd.de/debian/'

> Regards, Daniel

Cheers
Geert Stappers

[1] This E-mail is "directly" and could be missing subtillity. If
    someone feels offendend, he/she is free to feel so.
[2] or a more stronger 'must'