[xml/sgml] tei -- XML schema of the Text Encoding Initiative

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 11:02:29 UTC 2012

Sebastian,

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 12:41 PM, Sebastian Rahtz
<sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> On 4 Oct 2012, at 11:07, Mathieu Malaterre <malat at debian.org> wrote:
>>

>>  Are you interested in having tei directly included in debian
>> directly ? I have some interest in it:
>>

> yes, certainly. how can I help progress it?

That's fantastic ! Here is what I am thinking, you could work under
the debian-xml umbrella group (page is a little outdated):

http://debian-xml-sgml.alioth.debian.org/

Doing so, you'll be able to use the debian hosted VCS (git & svn) to
host your debian source package. I can quickly review them and upload
them. The debian xml group currently manages the following packages:

http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=debian-xml-sgml-pkgs@lists.alioth.debian.org

Most (if not all) are under svn:

svn://svn.debian.org/debian-xml-sgml/packages/

To have access to those, all you need to do is apply for membership at:

http://alioth.debian.org/projects/debian-xml-sgml/

I think that should be enough to get you started.

Of course, you could decide to host your debian/* source file on -say-
github. In this case simply discard all my comments, and simply point
me to the source package.

I see that you are familiar with debian packaging, you could also
upload the final package directly to mentors, and then ask me to
review them from there directly:

http://mentors.debian.net/

Let me know what you think.
--