[debian-yeeloong-project] debian squeeze on fuloong 6004 installation report

David Kuehling dvdkhlng at gmx.de
Thu Jul 14 10:36:43 UTC 2011

> On 12/07/11 10:42, David Kuehling wrote:
> <snip>
>> [1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianYeeloong/HowTo/Install

> I would recommended creating page(s) on the wiki detailing the install
> under something like: http://wiki.debian.org/DebianFuloong

At the hardware side Fuloong mini-pc and Yeeloong Laptop don't have any
software-visible differences.  I.e. same cpu, same chipset and
peripherals, same bootloader, booting the same kernel.

Not sure it would be a good idea to duplicate all the yeeloong
installation instructions on a largely equivalent fuloong installation
wiki page.

The kernel+debian installer images i compiled should also happiliy boot
on a yeeloong laptop (although i can't test it).  Also I'd expect that
the pmon problems that plagued me could also hit yeeloong owners,
depending on which version lemote chose to install.

Wouldn't it be better to rename DebianYeeloong to DebianLoongson and to
cover all these very similar platforms?

cheers,

David