[debian-yeeloong-project] d-i Yeeloong port in progress

Colin Watson cjwatson at debian.org
Fri Jun 3 11:48:07 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jun 03, 2011 at 11:23:59AM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 02, 2011 at 12:39:23PM -0400, Jason Woofenden wrote:
> > On 2011-06-02 02:19PM, Colin Watson wrote:
> > >  * add mipsel/loongson-2f support to grub-installer
>
> Done but not yet uploaded.
>
> I have not yet arranged for 'console=tty no_auto_cmd' to be added to the
> kernel command line automatically.  However: there is no trace of
> no_auto_cmd anywhere in the kernel tree that I can find, and, when I try
> booting either d-i or an installed system without either of those
> parameters, everything seems to work just fine.  Is this just stale
> documentation from before the kernel got fixed to do the right thing by
> default, or something?  If we no longer need those kernel arguments,
> that would be a definite improvement - in general, it's awkward to need
> to have to pass different kernel parameters on different architectures.

I've confirmed that console=tty is no longer necessary as of Linux
2.6.38.

  http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=597c6740185c44686b5476a251eb53a13f685ae9

Perhaps no_auto_cmd is also a historical artifact.  Robert, do you
happen to know?

> > >  * make grub-installer create a suitable boot.cfg if it doesn't already
> > >    exist
>
> Done but not yet uploaded.  I haven't tested this yet, and I know that
> it won't handle /boot not being the first partition at the moment.

Fixed the latter, although PMON will only auto-boot if boot.cfg is on
the first partition and so the partitioner complains if that isn't the
case.  But I suppose you might want some kind of multi-boot setup
whereby you use 'bl' to load different boot.cfg files.  Or something.
Anyway, it was easy enough to support. :-)

--
Colin Watson                                       [cjwatson at debian.org]