[debian-yeeloong-project] Yeeloong support status

lluvia_lists at lavabit.com lluvia_lists at lavabit.com
Wed Sep 14 10:33:06 UTC 2011

>  Nice wiki, thanks. I've tried "Dealing with the pmon BIOS" but at least
>  I'll got a black screen after using the comand 'g cosole=tty......'
>  and I've found the right sdaX where the root must be because after
>  some "Kernel panic" messages it was loading. Could this be because the
>  debian wiki descripes that X isn't running? I can't use the
>  introducion about how to get X running because I don't know how to get
>  on the console wich understands these comands.

I don't understand very well the using of X that you are talking, so I'll
try to explain a bit the process. Sorry if you know it all yet.

I suppose you have a distro installed yet, but you don't remember where
are installed the root partition. I believe that you know where is your
kernel so you obtained kernel a panic from it, so you started loading it.

At any way, all the commands must be typed in the BIOS "console".

So, the simpler way I think of finding in which partition is your distro
installed, is to eject in the console bios:

 dir (wd0,n)

changing 'n' by numbers from 0 to 5(?) and expecting to see the folder
tree as answer: bin, usr, etc, ...

if that 'n' was 2, then you have to add 1 (2+1=3)

and then probably you have success booting the distro doing

g console=tty root=/dev/sda3

(for old kernels, you have to use /dev/hda3 instead for newer ones)

If you choose a wrong partition, yes, you'll have a kernel panic.

So, in that point, you should be running a distro. So, could you explain
where did you stay at the moment?