[debian-yeeloong-project] Lemote Mini-PC 6004 D-I Problem

John Long codeblue at inbox.lv
Sun Aug 5 16:32:51 UTC 2012

On Sun, Aug 05, 2012 at 05:38:16AM -0700, Ted Krovetz wrote:

> Should
>
>   boot (wd0,0)/grub.elf
>
> launch my installation directly from PMON? It loads the file, but then
> hangs.

I am certain PMON can boot your kernel directly. grub may also work, but I
would avoid it in this case and just try booting the kernel directly. If you
really need grub you can look into that after you get PMON to boot your
system. I would take one thing at a time, and grub is certainly not necessary.

The first thing would be to get to the PMON command line and try booting
from there. If it works, adjust the boot.cfg menu to use whatever syntax you
got to work from the command line.

I don't know what the syntax is offhand, but you should be able to find it
readily in a web search, or if you can still boot the rays distro edit the
boot.cfg from there and change it to point to your Debian kernel.

> I know my system works. The preinstalled "rays" linux booted and ran just
> fine, and so did the installer.

I didn't find any source of info that definitively explained installing and
living with Debian on the 2F. Some people have done it but I could not find
a page with all the info. Like you, I found Yeelong and other pages but they
simply don't work. I know the Debian guys have been pioneers in getting
Linux to run on these boxes so I really don't understand why there isn't a
better explanation somewhere.

Depending on what you want to do with your box, OpenBSD might be a good
choice for you. I am extremely happy with it, having used it on other archs
in the past. It runs like a train on the Fuloong.

John Long

--
ASCII ribbon campaign ( ) Powered by Lemote Fuloong
 against HTML e-mail   X  Loongson MIPS and OpenBSD