[debian-yeeloong-project] Lemote Mini-PC 6004 D-I Problem

Roman Mamedov rm at romanrm.ru
Mon Aug 6 09:53:35 UTC 2012

On Mon, 6 Aug 2012 09:32:37 +0000
John Long <codeblue at inbox.lv> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 05, 2012 at 04:37:06PM -0300, Alexandre "asm" wrote:
> > 2012/8/5 John Long <codeblue at inbox.lv>
> >
> > > Thanks alot. I am saving your email.
> > >
> > > I'm glad to be able to help. =)
> >
> > Tip: subscribe in the loongson-dev group is very useful for whom a
> > yeeloong.
>
> Well that is sort of the problem all over again. We have Fuloongs, and the
> only information we can find about Debian or other Linux on the web seems to
> apply only to Yeelong, which doesn't work exactly the same as Fuloong...

I have no idea why so many people concentrate on the Yeeloong, name projects
after it, write HOWTOs mentioning only it, etc.

In reality Yeeloong and Fuloong are almost exactly the same, bootup-wise
that's for sure. If a "Yeeloong HOWTO" about something can be used 99% on the
Fuloong and Lynloong and other devices, then it's simply a wrong name for that
HOWTO, better call it a Loongson HOWTO or something.

The differences begin mostly at the point when you start Xorg, or use
hardware like WiFi, battery or sensors. AFAIK there is no difference during
boot-up and in PMON.

--
With respect,
Roman