[debpool] debpool override feature

Alexei Chetroi alexei.chetroi at lexa.uniflux-line.net
Thu Apr 26 09:07:20 UTC 2007

  Hi all,

  Nice to see debpool's development again. Thought nobody uses debpool
and just yesterday found resurrected debpool on alioth.

  I needed to upload packages in different distribuitons without
recompiling them and after reading bug id #296596 I've decided to
implement an override feature via special meta file.

  Currently it works this way: Parse_Changes functions also tries to open
file with .debpool-meta extension (it replaces suffix of changes file to
.debpool-meta) and parse it. Currently these fields can be overrided:
Architecture, Distribution, Source, Section and Urgency. I'm not sure if
there will ever be a necessity to override all these fields, but
overriding Distribution and Section was quite usefull for me. For
example it fulfills wishlist #296596 and create "sponsor" component of
the repository whitout repackaging debs, just add an override for the
section.

  See attached diff. It was diffed against debpool-0.2.3

  Comments are welcome!

--
Alexei Chetroi

Smile... Tomorrow will be worse. (c) Murphy's Law