[Debsplash-devel] Re: Usplash v1 tarball

Paul Sladen debsplash@paul.sladen.org
Wed, 9 Feb 2005 13:13:58 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, Vincenzo Ampolo wrote:

Hello people,

> Today ubuntu developers (now i'm also in that world) relased the v1
> tarball of usplash done in August 2004 (the demo version).

If somebody was wondering whether the URL is:

  http://www.paul.sladen.org/projects/usplash/download/

There's a load of documentation in 'README' including a review/overview of
other splash systems, as well as instructions for playing with the demo:

You need a 16-bit framebuffer, eg: for 1024x768:

  linux ... vga=791

You need to be in X and you need to have sudo configured:

  $ make
  $ ./bin/demo.sh

Read the README for information about what it is doing.

Enjoy! If anyone wants any further documentation writing, let me know.

	-Paul
--
Is there no safe way to travel?  London, GB