[Debsplash-devel] important news!

Vincenzo Ampolo vincenzo.ampolo@gmail.com
Fri, 18 Feb 2005 22:58:37 +0100

Hi to all
i'm glad to say that today we print the first image into a framebuffer
with usplash!
We finished to build the base
infrastructure (as classes and ways of development). The hard code is
finished. The code of the program is c++. but why this?

I thought in a new way to see at bootsplash problem: i see the
framebuffer as a paper, where i can paint images. So i've a big object
called framebuffer and many images in it. With c++ libraries i can
manage quickly any kind of image (using magick++ library) and the i can
print them to my framebuffer as a normal file.

This is a big progress since, with the old approach, i must load the
image, apply modify (with huge code as you can see in UsplashTarball),
open the framebuffer, map its, an then write to it.

This new approach (thanks to c++) is it: get image ----> modify ---->
write.

comments are involved ^__^

see you