[Debtags-devel] Fixed many bugs

Enrico Zini zinie@cs.unibo.it
Mon, 2 Aug 2004 03:02:41 +0200

On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 02:47:22AM +0200, Erich Schubert wrote:

> > I still need to work on the vocabulary so that it loads facet data
> > instead of complaining, and I think we're approaching a full release.
> When you make important updates to the vocabulary, please tell me.
> (And if the vocabulary is now in svn, please include checkout command lines)
> So i update the vocabulary used by the web interface.

In this case, it was just about the vocabulary handling code: no changes
to the vocabulary.

The vocabulary itself is still in CVS.  We could plan a move to
subversion, and add a post-commit hook to update the web interface: do
you think it's doable?

> >   understand it's wrong.  What is the best way to handle dependencies
> >   on a still-not-super-stable-API-library without increasing the soname
> Link statically until the API is supposedly final.

I got your message 30 seconds after uploading the last of them :)

In the end, since all depending packages are mine, I chose to simply
increase version numbers and upload the whole thing.  This came out of
desperation for having spent the whole day trying to figure out some
handy way of doing it and having found nothing really clear.

I hope that the new API will happen to be stable enough to hold for a
while...