[Debtags-devel] debram 0.6 in sarge

Thaddeus H. Black t@b-tk.org
Mon, 13 Dec 2004 17:18:21 +0000

--oyUTqETQ0mS9luUI

The real debram, ramifying all of sarge, has been in
sarge a few weeks now.  The package Priority remains
incorrect (the appropriate bug is filed against
ftp.debian.org), but this does not affect debram's data
or operation in any way.  You can and should use debram
now.

The quantity of debtags code Enrico has produced is
remarkable (if I could program like that, I would call
myself a programmer).  Debram provides real data and
additional vocabulary for the whole archive now; and
autodebtag is expected reliably to assimilate debram
during 2005 (Enrico, I would help with this).  Bayes the
Robot eats thousands of data scraps and grows smarter by
the month.  Berkeley sponsors Erich perhaps to do
debtags work.  Several random people mention debtags on
debian-devel within the past six weeks.  Belgium's
FOSDEM conference wants us to present a paper.  My
friends, it has taken some time, but does our little
project not seem to be working out rather well?

The days of the BIG HEAP draw to an end.  Five years
from now, old-timers will survey the disciplined ranks
of civilized .debs in the sunshine, recalling the stormy
olden day when the dogged Debian warrior had held an
undisciplined horde of fourteen thousand .debs at bay.

--=20
Thad

--oyUTqETQ0mS9luUI

--oyUTqETQ0mS9luUI--