[Debtags-devel] kapture

Benjamin Mesing bensmail@gmx.net
Tue, 14 Dec 2004 07:30:06 +0100 (MET)

Hello,

> 'http://pdx.freedesktop.org/~mornfall/kapture-screenies/images.html' and
> 'http://pdx.freedesktop.org/~mornfall/kurrent-screenies/images.html'
Thanks now can imagine something

> The project looks a bit
> dead i admit, but the maintainer (that would be me) is alive and kicking
> ;).
Ah, well the common out of time problem we all know too well...

> Also, you could bug Enrico (and possibly Michael Vogt) to help
> out with libapt-front since currently i'm pretty much the only commiter in
> there :/. The libapt-front is hosted on svn.debian.org (alioth), feel free
> look at it.
I will take a look at it when I find some spare time :-o
Your program shall become a fully fledged package manager, so it will also
need to search and display some information about packages. In this it is
similar to Debian Package Search. We should take a look, if both projects
are different enough to justify two different applications. In the other
case I would suggest merging "Debian Package Search" into kapture. Besides
from reducing the confusion for the user, this might also enhance the
chances of long term survival for the projects...

Greetings Ben

--
GMX ProMail mit bestem Virenschutz http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail