[Debtags-devel] debram: 100 % prelim for sarge

Thaddeus H. Black t@b-tk.org
Mon, 26 Jul 2004 16:02:37 +0000

--AhhlLboLdkugWU4S

> !!!Congratulations!!!

Thank you.

> Now it'd be my turn to do that debram<->debtags mapping I proposed some
> time ago.

When you have time.  There is no hurry.  The earlier post did not
mention it, but as you probably know, the sarge ramification demands the
addition of several new branches, branches which the woody ramification
lacked for various reasons.  The debram has deferred the addition of new
branches until all of sarge were ramified within the existing woody
scheme; but some of the missing branches are fairly important ones, like
Ruby, PHP and Java.  You might feel for this reason that it were still
too soon to map debram<->debtags.  It is your decision.  Naturally I
would support you either way.

In any event, the freeze is finally coming up.  This will let us
permanently freeze debram's package set.  Unless someone knows of a
reason to do otherwise, no new sarge+1 packages will go to debram; those
go directly to debtags only.  In this way debram can retire gracefully.

I do appreciate the svn advice.  I admit that I have no experience
with svn.

--=20
Thad Black

--AhhlLboLdkugWU4S