[Debtags-devel] AI-Tagging further steps

Benjamin Mesing bensmail@gmx.net
Tue, 02 Nov 2004 19:03:39 +0100

Hello,

> > I tend to accept Ben's judgment in favor of false positives, although
> > one hopes that the false positives are meant to be shown to a human
> > editor (who can eliminate them) not directly to the end user.
>
> Yes, it looks good. I think that we can put on the maintainer's hands
> something like 'lintian', maybe 'taggian' that will suggest him a set
> of tags for his package based on the description he change (or not)
> the tags and submit them signed, on the server side we check the
> signature. We can extend the current client/server tools to do this
> job, no?
Yes that's the thing I was thinking about when speaking about
integrating the taggind into the build process. Give the maintainer the
AI hints, so he can tag his packages more easily.

> We'll need accept some more keys and not only from the
> maintainer.Look, i maintain culture::brazilian (for example) and i
> think that the system will need some code to accept that i can add any
> package that i want to culture::brazillian.
>
> Do you agree? I guess that with a system like the described above we
> can tag all the packages and keep the tags in a good shape, don't you?
I fully agree with you. I think with debtags-edit this is currently
possible isn't it? As I understand it the changes are send via mail to a
central archive were they are applied. Currently there seems to be no
difference if you, as official maintainer of culture::brazillian or Bill
Gates as THE enemy of Linux sends in a patch :-) What I want to say is
that we need to verify the tagging that comes from an unreliable source,
perhaps only applying a tag if at least 50% (or perhaps less) of the
taggers did give this tag to the package.

Greetings Ben