[Debtags-devel] new libtagcoll - compilation problems

Enrico Zini zinie@cs.unibo.it
Wed, 1 Sep 2004 22:11:14 +0200

--opJtzjQTFsWo+cga

On Sun, Aug 29, 2004 at 05:22:04PM +0200, Benjamin Mesing wrote:

> > What are the searches that you offer and Debtags::Package can't do?
> One of them is searching by filenames even in packages not installed (as
> with apt-file, actually using apt-file) and uhmmm... that was it :-)

You could actually create it with the new architecture by querying
apt-file, creating Package objects with the resulting package names,
collecting those Package objects into a PackageSet and then running the
remaining part of the query on that PackageSet.

I just had a look at apt-file.  Damn... everytime it parses at least 8Mb
of gzipped data... gosh :(  I was considering including apt-file
searches in Debtags (or at least in its todo-list), but I may like
something more efficient than that (only computing where and which are
the file lists needs some nontrivial parsing on sources.list and
apt-file.conf :( ).

--opJtzjQTFsWo+cga

--opJtzjQTFsWo+cga--