[Debtags-devel] Using tags for aggregating popcon data

Thaddeus H. Black t@b-tk.org
Mon, 6 Sep 2004 12:58:10 +0000

--Q68bSM7Ycu6FN28Q

> while messing around with autodebtag I started thinking that it could be
> used to infer tags from special data sources, for example popcon data.

The concept seems sound.  Of course, the very fact that a package has a
high popcon rating leads more people to use the package, thus further
inflating the popcon rating, but that's okay.  In fact, if the
self-feeding popcon rating leads to voluntary standardization among
users, it's probably a good thing on balance.

What other sources of data did you have in mind?

--=20
Thaddeus H. Black
508 Nellie's Cave Road
Blacksburg, Virginia 24060, USA