[Debtags-devel] Using tags for aggregating popcon data

Enrico Zini zinie@cs.unibo.it
Sun, 5 Sep 2004 23:40:40 +0200

--wRRV7LY7NUeQGEoC

Hello,

while messing around with autodebtag I started thinking that it could be
used to infer tags from special data sources, for example popcon data.

While the popcon database has numeric data, it can be aggregated in,
say, 5 or 7 "frequency" steps corresponding to tags in a specific facet.
For example:
  popcon::unused	0-5
  popcon::rare		5-20
  popcon::seldom	20-100
  popcon::common	100-500
  popcon::everywhere	500+

This opens an interesting door to easily integrate into existing package
tools (well, where existing means "that use debtags") informations of
completely new kind.

Now, this wouldn't probably work for popcon (for example, I would seldom
want to see just the packages in one category, and it's more likely that
I want something like everything bigger or equal than "seldom").

However, I wanted to spawn some thinking: do you see other useful
applications of this idea?  How to get data, for example, from the BTS?
Other possible data sources?

--wRRV7LY7NUeQGEoC

--wRRV7LY7NUeQGEoC--