[Debtags-devel] Using tags for aggregating popcon data

Erich Schubert Erich Schubert <erich.schubert@gmail.com>
Sat, 11 Sep 2004 14:44:41 +0200

Hi,

> > This reminds me of a couple of "tag" ideas we had back then.
> > Like "freeness" (Public Domain, BSD, GPL, non-free, ..., commercial)
> > "Maturity". IMHO quite important. Probably correlated to the popcon rat=
ing, too.
> > "Ease of use". "Feature completeness".
> >
> > These values were one reason why i even thought of having value-tags in=
 there.
> > So one could assign numerical values to tags.
> > Especially since you will often want to select ranges, like "show all
> > installed 'often' in popcon rating, but not 'always'", or "hide all
> > that have a maturity of alpha or below"

Note that i'm still opposed to these "float" tags - i think they can
make the whole system too complex. They would introduce another rating
system (i.e. new ordering of matches) and such. I don't want that.

Greetings,
Erich Schubert
--
    erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)      --      GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C    (o_
  To understand recursion you first need to understand recursion.   //\