[Debtags-devel] Vocabulary updates, part 2

Benjamin Mesing bensmail@gmx.net
Tue, 26 Apr 2005 17:34:10 +0200

Hello,

> > > Not really: the change in the repository will be the same as the local
> > > change, and it gets "merged" trivially.
> > Wow, that would be cool (I was used to have trouble from CVS here...).
>
> At least, in the Ubuntu Docteam it used to work like that.
>
> > Please commit this change so I can try an update.
>
> Committed.  Let me know how it goes...

Everything worked as Enrico expected:
	~/lang/perl/autodebtag/ai-tagger> svn update
        G  Package.pm
        Updated to revision 685.

I've taken a quick look at the subversion documentation which showed the
following entry for the 'G' status indicator:

  G  foo
        File foo received new changes from the repository, but your
        local copy of the file had your modifications. Either the
        changes did not intersect, or the changes were exactly the same
        as your local modifications, so Subversion has successfully
        merGed the repository's changes into the file without a problem.

Thanks

Ben