[Debtags-devel] Re: Upload of new stuff to unstable

Benjamin Mesing bensmail@gmx.net
Sun, 10 Apr 2005 17:24:32 +0200

Hello,

> I renamed libtagcoll-dev to libtagcoll1-dev and libdebtags-dev to
> libdebtags1-dev, and I'm considering uploading to unstable in a day or
> two:
Very good, then I can start adapting to the new libs :-)

>  - it's too late for it to go in sid (good!)
I assume you mean sarge.

>  - it doesn't break existing stuff (it's a new package)
>  - I can upload improved debtags and debtags-edit based on the new libs
And those will be prevented from hitting testing by libtagcoll1 not
hitting testing, correct? One note here: you won't be able to make
bugfixes for debtags(-edit) which can propagate to sarge as
debtags(-edit) are blocked by the missing libs.

Greetings Ben

--
Please do not sent any email to the ben-ml@gmx.net - all email not