[Debtags-devel] Lots of bugs fixed

Benjamin Mesing bensmail at gmx.net
Tue Aug 2 17:09:57 UTC 2005

Hello,

> > Do you prefer to merge both into a single directory like
> >         debtags/
> >         |-- debian
> >         |-- debtags
> >         |-- doc
> >         |-- examples
> >         |-- swig
> >         |-- tests
> >         `-- src
>               (or maybe 'tools')
>
> This one!
Ok, I have given the file structure a deeper look. Some questions:
      * How should I merge the changelog files? Append one at the other?
        Start a new one?
      * libdebtags1/doc has a Makefile.am, debtags/doc has a Makefile,
        how shall I proceed (I do not know enough about automake to
        merge them, and I suspect it would be fatal to have both of
        them)

The rules files look pretty empty:
        include /usr/share/cdbs/1/rules/debhelper.mk
        include /usr/share/cdbs/1/class/autotools.mk

        # Store build information
        common-binary-post-install-arch
        common-binary-post-install-indep::
        	dh_buildinfo
Does this mean approximately take all the default files (docs, dirs,
install,...) and install them and use the autotools to build the stuff?

Greetings Ben (with probably more questions surfacing soon)