[Debtags-devel] Updating tags on svn

Erich Schubert erich.schubert at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 14:34:05 UTC 2005

Hi Enrico, Hello World

> Weird thing: someone went on and removed works-with::image:raster from
> pretty much everything.  I have no idea why, maybe it wasn't on purpose
> and there's been a problem somewhere.

>  - Are X terminals: role::sw:application, role::sw:utility or something
>    else?

They are utilities, IMHO. They are of no use without other
applications running inside.
But you could use these applications just fine with a real console.

>  - Are games role::sw:application, or should I create role::sw:game?

Application for now, since we do have other game tags, don't we?
So even if we add role::sw:game later on, this is as easy as finding
all packages with :application and retagging them.

>  - Are shells use::login?

No, you never login with a shell. You login with "login" or "ssh"
usually. The use of a shell is to either run other applications (shell
scripts) or to provide a command line interface for the end user.

> digikam: +works-with::image:raster, +works-with::rasterimage, -special::invalid-tag

Remove the rasterimage.
I didn't check if there are more occurrences of this.

best regards,
Erich Schubert
--
    erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)      --      GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C    (o_
  To understand recursion you first need to understand recursion.   //\