[Debtags-devel] Updating tags on svn

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Wed Aug 24 13:46:38 UTC 2005

On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 01:03:43PM +0000, Thaddeus H. Black wrote:

> > There's still an "xdebconfigurator" package, though I don't know how
> > it compares to "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86".
> I don't know, either.

AFAIK, xdebconfigurator does hardware detection then preseeds debconf
with the results.  This means that when the webserver is later
installed, most of the questions (hopefully all of them) will already
have been answered (by xdebconfigurator) and won't be asked again (to
the user).

If everything goes well, this results in an automatic unattended
installation of X.

GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico at debian.org>