[Debtags-devel] Debconf5 news: Debtags in the Packages file and Alioth availability

Enrico Zini enrico@enricozini.org
Thu, 14 Jul 2005 18:26:31 +0300

--gKMricLos+KVdGMg

Hello,

I've always advocated against put the Debtags data in the Packages file,
but here at Debconf Anthony Towns proposed to give it a try and see what
happens.  So I said "why not?"

They should get inside the master Packages file at the next dinstall run
in about 4 hours.

Then we see.  It might be possible to have them updated once a day.

Then, Wickert Akkerman offered to help in moving all the Debtags
infrastructure to Alioth.  Erich, we might have been found the place
where the central database could run!  I'll talk with Wickert later
about more details on how free we can be, but he told me there should be
no problems in setting up even daemons if needed.

--gKMricLos+KVdGMg

--gKMricLos+KVdGMg--