[Debtags-devel] The rasterimage dilemma (was: Proposed Debtags goals for Etch)

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Sat Jul 23 15:35:50 UTC 2005

On Fri, Jul 22, 2005 at 11:18:25PM +0200, Erich Schubert wrote:

> It's the old dilemma again, of being technically-objective (and not
> making a distinction), or trying to guess what a human might be
> looking for. ;-)

When in doubt, I'd go for technically-objective: at least we have some
data whose meaning does not change between users.  If we want to talk
the jargon of some specific group of users, we can provide a special tag
database for them.

> Better not make both photo and rasterimage, but stick to ri only.

I tend to agree with this.

GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico at enricozini.org>