[Debtags-devel] packagebrowser

Andrew Suffield asuffield at debian.org
Sun Jul 24 14:01:08 UTC 2005

So, http://debian.vitavonni.de/packagebrowser/ is less foul than
debtags-edit, but it's still pretty damned nasty (and there's no
obvious way to file bugs on it). The two most gaping issues are:

 - It is ridiculously hard to reach the relevant edit.cgi page when
   all you have is a package name. In the end I had to write the URL
   by hand.

 - Every time you add or remove a tag, the page reloads and you're
   sent back to the top, losing your place in the extremely long
   list. The obvious improvements would be to use checkboxes, so that
   you can just pick off all the necessary adds/deletes, and to use
   expanding tree widgets for the tag hierarchy (this is what
   javascript is for).

Also it'd be nice if I could query by maintainer address, and the
screen wasn't full of tightly packed, underlined text that makes your
eyes water.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |