[Debtags-devel] tagging AI, bayes and fuzzy tags

Benjamin Mesing bensmail@gmx.net
Fri, 10 Jun 2005 10:30:01 +0200

Hello,

> - fuzzy tags: has been discussed a couple of times before. There are
> some really good uses: maturity:.5, licence::free:.9, etc. - but this
> will increase both tagging complexity and algorithm complexity a lot,
This is true.

> with not much benefit to add for the end user.
> [...]
> Having packages sorted by some magic "rating" derived from the tags
> will make things only worse.
I disagree here. Imagine goole returing the results in alphabetically
order. You will have trouble finding some meaningfull sites (and a lot
of website will start with aaa in their title :-)
In fact I planning to integrate some kind of ranking into my search
application, though I am not yet sure how to do this (I am thinking
about popcon and the number of occurences of the search term - however I
am not yet sure how to do this for tags yet -- any ideas would be
appreciated). Of course the user will have the possibility to disable
rating...

Greetings Ben