[Debtags-devel] tags for -doc packages

Benjamin Mesing bensmail@gmx.net
Tue, 01 Mar 2005 21:17:14 +0100

Hello again,

I have stumbled over argouml-doc package today it has the following tags
(only doc tags):
        data, data::userdoc, role, role::doc
While argouml has the tags (actual tags for the tool):
        Tags: implemented-in, implemented-in::java, langdevel,
        langdevel::java, use, use::editing
But that scheme is not consistent, consider gnumeric-doc (doc and tool
tags):
        Tags: data, data::userdoc, media, media::spreadsheet, role,
        role::doc, suite, suite::gnome, uitoolkit, uitoolkit::gtk, use,
        use::editing
and gnumeric (tool tags)
        Tags: media, media::spreadsheet, suite, suite::gnome, uitoolkit,
        uitoolkit::gtk, use, use::editing
There are many package + package-doc both ways, either the doc carrying
most of its "main" package information or not. That needs to be
consistent! I myself am not sure of which way I prefer, but I think it
is the "gnumeric" way. Other will surely disagree here... If I search
for something I would also want to see its docs immediately. On the
other hand this could double the output of a search.

However we need a policy here!

Greetings Ben