[Debtags-devel] tags for -doc packages

Steffen Waldherr steffen.waldherr@web.de
Wed, 2 Mar 2005 10:07:43 +0100

Hi,

Am Tue, 01 Mar 2005 21:17:14 +0100 schrieb Benjamin Mesing
<bensmail@gmx.net>:

> There are many package + package-doc both ways, either the
> doc carrying most of its "main" package information or not.

This applies not only to doc packages, there are others which
will have the same problem, e.g. internationalization, game
data, plugins and certainly many more. If one finds a
consistent way for doc packagages, the same should apply for
these other types of extension.

I guess this is kind of outside the tagging concept we have
now, but something like extends::<packagename> might be really
useful here.

Best regards
Steffen Waldherr