[Debtags-devel] OT: airfare to debconf

Thaddeus H. Black t@b-tk.org
Thu, 10 Mar 2005 21:20:42 +0000

--neYutvxvOLaeuPCA

Has any of you experience or special knowledge regarding
affordable transatlantic travel?  If so, please advise.
I have been planning to attend Debconf in Finland in
July.  I have applied for a U.S. passport, have looked
into getting a visa (Finland presently does not require
them of Americans), have registered for the conference,
and have very much looked forward to attending; but the
summertime airfare of $ 900 or E 700 just seems too much
for me.  Somehow I must hammer that price down: I should
like to shrink it at least by one third, preferably by
40 to 50 percent.  Otherwise family priorities put the
airfare out of my practical reach.

I would gladly hear your advice in the matter---whether
you are a regular debtags-devel contributor or a list
lurker.  The last time I crossed the Atlantic was in the
uniform of the U.S. Army, sixteen years ago, and of
course I did not pay for that flight.  In this modern
day of ubiquitous air travel, I can hardly believe that
it really costs so much to fly from Virginia (ROA) to
Finland (HEL) and back, but I have no relevant
experience to guide me in this.  If more affordable
airfare can somehow be found, I do not know where to
look.  Do you?

--=20
Thaddeus H. Black
508 Nellie's Cave Road