[Debtags-devel] Re: really early "sneak preview" on web frontend ;-)

Erich Schubert Erich Schubert <erich.schubert@gmail.com>
Mon, 14 Mar 2005 19:45:45 -0800

Hi,
I've played a bit more with JavaScript, XML and these new approaches
google uses for gmail and maps. Easy to do with Mozilla, apparently
similar with MSIE.
Opera and Konqueror suck...

Opera needs the iframe hack apparently, I've heard that newer versions
will have xmlHTTPrequest support, but that it still has bugs.

Konqueror has really ugly bugs - it will work once, after that it
caches the .xml file I dynamically load, and the loading fails with
"not modified". If someone knows how to tell konqueror to just give me
the result contents anyway, please tell me...

http://debian.vitavonni.de/packagebro2/

Doesn't look really much different than before, but the data in the
tags list is now loaded from an xml file.

I need your suggestions for how to display buttons to add and remove a tag.
Neither "left-right arrows", "plus and minus" or "attach or remove
text labels" are perfect, maybe someone here has a better idea.

best regards,
Erich Schubert
--
    erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)      --      GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C    (o_
  To understand recursion you first need to understand recursion.   //\