[Debtags-devel] Re: [rrichards@co.slo.ca.us: Open Letter to Debian Community]

Thaddeus H. Black t@b-tk.org
Wed, 16 Mar 2005 17:17:44 +0000

--9jxsPFA5p3P2qPhR

Martin Michlmayr on debian-project [1]:

> Policy describes current practice rather than dictacting it.  So once
> debtags has been integrated in the core and made a requirement, policy
> *might* add it [*], but certainly not before.
>=20
> [*] But I assume debtags will remain optional and therefore not make
> policy.

Enrico, what is your view on this?  I have always assumed that
eventually debtags is meant to go into the core, in due course of time,
cooperating with the dpkg and apt teams, when the time is right.

This message is not urgent.  Reply when you have some time.

[Copied to relevant thread parents.]

--=20
Thaddeus H. Black
508 Nellie's Cave Road