[Debtags-devel] Re: [rrichards@co.slo.ca.us: Open Letter to Debian Community]

Erich Schubert Erich Schubert <erich.schubert@gmail.com>
Wed, 16 Mar 2005 14:55:49 -0800

Hi Thaddeus,
> Enrico, what is your view on this?  I have always assumed that
> eventually debtags is meant to go into the core, in due course of time,
> cooperating with the dpkg and apt teams, when the time is right.

Debtags basically is a pure user-interface thing for package browsing.
Since you will for example not need it on a server - you can run it on
your workstation, and just run apt-get on the server - it will remain
optional.
This doesn't exclude of course that policy may require maintainers to
classify their packages with debtags at some point in the future. But
thats a long way to go, anyway.

best regards,
Erich Schubert
--
    erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)      --      GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C    (o_
  To understand recursion you first need to understand recursion.   //\