[Debtags-devel] Another example of Faceted Categorization in Debian

Erich Schubert Erich Schubert <erich.schubert@gmail.com>
Thu, 24 Mar 2005 13:51:06 -0800

Hi,

> they have to store a lot of other data besides tags and relational databa=
se
> is pretty fast way to look up tags anyway, already...

With image collections, you usually have not as many tags as we have
(since the user has to assign them himself) and you will probably want
to do single-tag queries mostly. A single tag query on the package
database is not too useful.
I think the most important part of the debtags system is the function
to actually suggest tags useful for refining the search. But really
hard to make a good UI for that... I guess an avatar-based interface
would be best -- people don't expect it to ask the same choices each
time.

best regards,
Erich Schubert
--
    erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)      --      GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C    (o_
  To understand recursion you first need to understand recursion.   //\