[Debtags-devel] Vocabulary updates, part 2

Enrico Zini enrico@enricozini.org
Fri, 13 May 2005 20:28:40 +0200

--qDbXVdCdHGoSgWSk

On Fri, May 13, 2005 at 04:50:57PM +0000, Thaddeus H. Black wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 28, 2005 at 03:58:57PM +0200, Enrico Zini wrote:
> > Messy?  Looks like.  What we're having is two different meanings of the
> > technology: one is the technology itself (think the RFC), and the other
> > is the meaning that that technology has started to have in society
> > (think "HTML editor": that really means "Website editor").
> This was an interesting question, I thought, and an important one.  Have
> you decided yet what to do about it?

I guess decide on a case by case basis, and hope that the facets are
defined well enough that by looking at the package from the point of
view of the facet it will be easy to see where it fits.

> A personal note, completely off topic:  This week I have finished the
> last paper and the last exam in the last course (class) at Virginia Tech
> toward the Ph.D. in electrical engineering.  This is an epoch for me and
> my family, and a big relief.  Next come the research and doctoral
> dissertation.  Expected Ph.D. degree date: December 2007.

Wow!  Go Go Go!
How many years is the PhD there, alltogether?

GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org>

--qDbXVdCdHGoSgWSk

--qDbXVdCdHGoSgWSk--