[Debtags-devel] New version of Debtags stuff uploaded to experimental

Erich Schubert Erich Schubert <erich.schubert@gmail.com>
Fri, 27 May 2005 15:56:48 -0700

Hi Enrico,

> One problem is that that would mean imposing a rational (and possibly
> incorrect) choice from the beginning, while the automatic
> "hierarchization" follows the corpus of tags we have.

Facets are also a (shallow) hierarchization, that can be incorrect as well.
If I see a hardware facet, the existence of a hwtech facet definitely
confuses me, I would expect that to be inside hardware.

> The other problem is that if you do hardware::tech, you force that
> hwtech to appear under hardware, while in debtags-edit I've just looked
> for use::playing and found a very nice hwtech::cd.

I don't get that point.

> > I mean, my web packagebrowser doesn't know what a facet is at all. ;-)
>=20
> Is that a feature?  I always considered it a bug :-P :)

Well, its some kind of feature, since facets also have design issues...

best regards,
Erich Schubert
--
    erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)      --      GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C    (o_
  To understand recursion you first need to understand recursion.   //\