[Debtags-devel] Tag patch + question regarding langdevel

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Fri Nov 4 11:55:43 UTC 2005

On Tue, Nov 01, 2005 at 11:23:58PM +0100, Torsten Marek wrote:

> first, I've attached the patch with the tags langdevel::c-sharp and
> devel::arch:cli. If the patch is fine with all of you, I would commit it to the
> vocabulary.

I'll comment here in the next thread, so the discussion is left
together.

> I was wondering what the rationale of langdevel::xyz is, if devel::arch:abc is
> introduced. Why is langdevel not included into devel? Right now, it's
> inconsistent with made-of, where the languages are tagged as lang:abc, so why
> not having devel::lang:abc? Neither devel nor langdevel are very big, so
> inclusion would be possible, and the tag names do only increase by one character
> (the extra colon between "lang" and the name).

Reading this I had a closer look and yes, the two categories aren't too
big.  If noone has arguments against the merge, I could go on and do it.

> BTW: Is there any documentation about what the "nature" descriptions to the
> facets mean?

Not explicitly, but there's a description here:

  http://debtags.alioth.debian.org/paper-debtags.html#faceted-classification

Those fields were an experiment I did: I added them to see if they made
any sense and if they would be any useful.  One hope I had is that they
could have been useful to group facets in an interface.  However they
don't seem to be that meaningful or useful, so we could probably just
delete them.

GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico at debian.org>