[Debtags-devel] Tag patch + question regarding langdevel

Torsten Marek shlomme at gmx.net
Sun Nov 6 13:02:28 UTC 2005

Enrico Zini schrieb:
> On Tue, Nov 01, 2005 at 11:23:58PM +0100, Torsten Marek wrote:
>

>>first, I've attached the patch with the tags langdevel::c-sharp and
>>devel::arch:cli. If the patch is fine with all of you, I would commit it to the
>>vocabulary.
>

> I'll comment here in the next thread, so the discussion is left
> together.
>

>>I was wondering what the rationale of langdevel::xyz is, if devel::arch:abc is
>>introduced. Why is langdevel not included into devel? Right now, it's
>>inconsistent with made-of, where the languages are tagged as lang:abc, so why
>>not having devel::lang:abc? Neither devel nor langdevel are very big, so
>>inclusion would be possible, and the tag names do only increase by one character
>>(the extra colon between "lang" and the name).
>

> Reading this I had a closer look and yes, the two categories aren't too
> big.  If noone has arguments against the merge, I could go on and do it.
I do not;-)
If you don't have time to do that, please tell me and I'm going to do it (I
suggested it, so I might as well bear the consequences). Is there anything else
to do apart from patching the vocabulary and sending one really big patch to the
tag database?

>>BTW: Is there any documentation about what the "nature" descriptions to the
>>facets mean?
>

> Not explicitly, but there's a description here:
>
>   http://debtags.alioth.debian.org/paper-debtags.html#faceted-classification
>
> Those fields were an experiment I did: I added them to see if they made
> any sense and if they would be any useful.  One hope I had is that they
> could have been useful to group facets in an interface.  However they
> don't seem to be that meaningful or useful, so we could probably just
> delete them.
Well, what are the UI to search for packages with debtags so far, and has any
program used that information yet? Maybe it would we useful for a search
interface to have presets for several use cases (desktop system, system admins,
developers) where this kind of information could come into play.

greetings

Torsten
- --
Torsten Marek <shlomme at gmx.net>
ID: A244C858 -- FP: 1902 0002 5DFC 856B F146  894C 7CC5 451E A244 C858
Keyserver: subkeys.pgp.net