[Debtags-devel] debtags in apt broke?

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Tue Nov 8 14:06:02 UTC 2005

On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 04:22:36PM -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:

> Tags used to be visible in apt-cache show, but now this functionaly
> appears to be lost.  Comments?

I've just investigated.  What happened is that my overrides-generating
script has gone nuts in the tag filter, and instead of stripping *::TODO
and special::not-yet-tagged*, it stripped everything else :(

As a result, many packages have no tags at all and some packages have
'special::not-yet-tagged*' or '*::TODO' tags.  For example, if you do:

  apt-cache show ap-utils

You'll see:

  Tag: special::not-yet-tagged, special::not-yet-tagged::a

I've sent aj the fixed tag overrides and fixed my script: I hope it'll
get fixed soon and it should not happen anymore.

GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico at debian.org>