[Debtags-devel] Tag reorganization tutorial

Sanghyeon Seo sanxiyn at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 02:03:37 UTC 2005

On 11/8/05, Enrico Zini <enrico at enricozini.org> wrote:

> Suppose we want to rename a tag, say uitoolkit::wxwindows into
> uitoolkit::wxwidgets.  This involves a change in the vocabulary and a
> change in the tag database.
>
> The first thing to do is adding the new tag to the vocabulary.
>
> Then you need to tell the central database to reload the vocabulary
> data, so that it will accept the tag in new tag patches:

Does central tag database send some sort of confirmation mail that it
indeed reloaded vocabulary? If not, how does one confirm it?

> Lastly, let your local debtags installation know about the tag as well,
> so that it can properly submit patches to the central database:
>
> The `writevoc` script on Alioth just writes the standard input to the
> right place and with the right umask.

I'm not sure about right umask...

$ gzip -c9 debian-packages | ssh sanxiyn-guest at alioth.debian.org
/org/alioth.debian.org/chroot/home/groups/debtags/bin/writevoc
mv: cannot move `vocabulary.gz' to
`/org/alioth.debian.org/chroot/home/groups/debtags//htdocs/tags/vocabulary.gz':
Permission denied

Seo Sanghyeon