[Debtags-devel] New web interface

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Sat Nov 12 15:02:14 UTC 2005

Hello,

I've hacked together this nice new web interface:

  http://debtags.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/search.cgi

It's the smart-search concept: you start with a full-text search, which
will give a starting set of wanted tags (the most common ones in the
search).  Then you proceed refining by say "I want this", "I don't want
this", "I don't care about this".

The web interface is a nice proof-of-concept (the idea seems to work!)
but the interaction is clumsy.  It really calls for drag&drop of tags
between the 4 "want", "not want", "ignore", "top tags" boxes.

Currently the interface starts with a search of all packages which is
bad (takes time).  You search something in the top-right box and it gets
ok.  Unfortunately I can't fix it before monday (have to run now).

GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico at debian.org>